Our Open Door Policy at Glais Primary School
We wish to continue to promote a climate of mutual respect and trust at Glais and outline below our ‘Open Door Policy’ which facilitates our efforts to ‘work in partnership’ with parents.
- Information - Although the school endeavours to communicate regularly with all parents and carers, should there be any questions or comments the school can be reached through phoning the office or by email.
- Informal Conversations - Staff are on duty every morning from 8.45 to 8.50. You will be able to have any informal chats, or ask questions during this time. Staff are usually available at the end of the day, however, may not be able to speak to you until all pupils are safely dismissed.
- Formal Conversations – Should there be a need for a one to one with any member of staff, please ask for an appointment. Staff will always aim to meet with you at the earliest convenience. Depending on the stated purpose of the meeting one or both parties may wish to request that a ‘third party’ be present in order to make notes of the discussion. Should either party feel at any time that the discussion is unproductive or that behaviour is disrespectful or unacceptable, they will have the right to terminate the discussion. The matter will then be referred to the Headteacher for further resolution.
- Pupil behaviour - We appreciate that parents seek to give the benefit of the doubt to their own child and it is possible that they are unable to see both sides of the situation. The school wishes to reassure parents that the school always endeavours to use the ‘no blame approach’ when enquiring into an incident using restorative approaches and will endeavour to remain impartial. Please refer to our Positive Relationships policy.
- Complaints - Any complaints made to the Governing Body which have not taken the proper course for resolution will be directed back to the Headteacher. The school’s complaints policy is available below or from the office.
We wish to thank parents for their support and for their efforts to work in partnership with our staff.
If you require paper copies of any of the information published on our website, we will provide this free of charge. Please contact the school office.